Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday April 28,2012
The Jinjin Adventure continues:
Our Jinjin is now 6 1/2 years old, 43" tall and 43lbs. She is in kindergarten, and is about to loose her 1st front tooth. We called her "Ellie" until March 2008, when one morning, her daddy was caring her over his shoulder and as they descended our staircase she hollered back to me "Mama I'm JINJIN"
We were correct when we called this blog, "The Jinjin Adventure" as the last 5 years have truly been
an "E" ticket ride.
Nothing prepared me for parenthood. I don't think anything can. Sure I was in the big sister program for  9 years, had two nieces live with me at different time, opened my home to a  high school senior one summer,  but that is not parenthood. I have longed for the intimacy of raising a child. The specialness of being "mom".  But Jinjin has made me more than that, she has bestowed upon  me
the Honorable name of "Mama". My days begin with the music of her little girl voice calling my name.
When I witness the pure joy in her face when sees me on the days I pick her up from school, or the pride in her voice when when she tells her friends "My Mommy.."  I cannot define how I feel  except by this sentence;
"that is why I wanted to be a mom, this is why I am a parent"
Once Diane Keaton told a reporter she was too old to be a parent.  (She adopted her 1st child when she was 51 and another child a few years later) I thought that was a foolish thing to say, until I lived it.
Not really too old, but different than a 40 or 30 year old parent. Tired, Yes. Worried about my life expectancy, Yes. But in many ways I am wiser, and try harder to be younger or young at heart.

Jinjin asked me to begin this blog again. She wants us to have a "Jinjin Experience" every year for her birthday.  I have the privilege of the Jinjin Experience every day.
Today she was my "personal shopper and model advisor", as we shopped for clothes for me at Chico's. Jinny,put together outfits for me, and instructed me how to pose in each outfit when I modeled the  outfits for Daddy.  She has quite an eye for fashion, and great comic sense for poses.
I am tired now, and ready to go to sleep.  It is only 9:20, and I can still still hear her talking in her bedroom to Paul. 
She is not ready for sleep but both Paul and I are.
Good Night

1 comment:

Donna said...

Welcome back! I hope my girls will someday want me to breathe some life into our blog. I rarely manage more than one post per year now.

Say hello to Jin Jin from Gwen and Maddy. They watch over my shoulder as we snuggle for morning cartoons and I peruse the blogs in my RSS feed on my laptop or ipad. They especially love the pics.

Donna & Andrew
Group 106 for Gwendolyn (home 9/2005)
Group 111.5 for Madeline (home 9/2006)
http://2happy.typepad.com